Constipation causes much physical discomfort and also mental distress for patients. One must immediately seek doctor's advice in case of acute constipation, for constipation may have serious, underlying medical cause like tumors of the colon.
Constipation is a very common problem that all of us suffer at one time or another in our life. There are many laxatives and other products promising to cure constipation. However you can also get relief from this embarrassing problem through simple home remedies for constipation.
10 Simple Home Remedies for Constipation to Get Relief
Here are some natural remedies for constipation that you can try at your home to get relief from constipation.
1. Spinach has always been considered very effective for treating any digestive tract disorders. 100 ml spinach juice mixed in equal quantities of water may be taken two times a day to manage chronic constipation.
2. The juice of half a lime mixed in a glass of water, with a pinch of salt added to it serves as an effective drink to tackle constipation problems.
3. A teaspoon of linseed may be swallowed with water before meals. This will supply the body with roughage and also will lubricate the intestines.
4. Drinking of water stored in a copper vessel over night, may fetch beneficial results.
5. A solution of half teaspoon honey and half cup warm water may be taken thrice a day to keep constipation away.
6. Two teaspoon Castor oil may be added to a glass of warm milk and drunk every night before going to bed.
7. One may soak one to two dates (seed removed) in a cup of water overnight. In the morning the dates are to be mashed and the pulp is to be removed. Drinking one teaspoon of the water thrice a day would fetch good results.
8. A solution made out of one teaspoon corn syrup added to a glass of water can relieve constipation.
9. A mixture of half cup olive oil and half cup orange juice is an effective home remedy for constipation.
10. Eating of guavas and pears would help in the normal evacuation process of bowel.
Hope I have covered some of the simple and highly effective natural home remedies for constipation. Eat healthy and drink plenty of water to say good bye to constipation.
Copyright Â© Dr Andrew Napier, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.
Disclaimer: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article.
Read more useful Home Remedies for Constipation. Also know effective Home Remedies for Asthma.